Strategic Growth and Brand Development
Transformative Strategies for Key Players In International Education Marketing
The Internet has been around for over 25 years now, but many institutions are still struggling to align their international strategy with their digital strategy. Given the speed of technological advancement, this challenge will only become greater and more complex as time passes. Need a helping hand? That’s exactly what we’re here for.
Transforming your organisation to meet tomorrow’s students is no light task. Not only does it require your leaders to shift to a digital mindset, it involves changing nearly everything about the way you work today. Sound scary? Don’t worry – we’ll take it one step at a time.
Laying the foundation for international marketing and student recruitment
We have a proprietary step-by-step programme we can take you through to prepare you for change and enable you to create opportunities in the face of disruption, focusing on your strengths and goals.
We take a lateral view across the whole of your organisation and then drill down to produce a holistic, strategy-first approach towards operating or effecting change. After we define and outline your growth strategies, next it’s time to set it in motion.
Algonquin College had struggled for some time to create a coherent international student alumni strategy. With the support and guidance from Jackfruit Marketing, we were able to review our past and current state, and develop a roadmap towards a future state of ongoing engagement and connection with our international student alumni.
I have been impressed with the quality of the work Jackfruit has produced and the way they helped move us forward and understand how to connect with international alumni in ways we hadn't before. We would be happy to work with Jackfruit again as a continuation of our collaboration or for other new projects.
-- Ernest Mulvey, Acting Associate Vice-President, Global, Online, and Corporate Learning, Algonquin College
- Creating marketing plans for institutions, organisations, products, and services.
- Aligning an international strategy with an institution’s marketing and digital strategies.
- Providing expertise on marketing channels, techniques, messaging, and campaigns.
- Creating content strategies, plans, and calendars for each marketing channel.
- Adjusting and customising your marketing to Generations X, Y, Z and A.
- Creating personas for your target audience (e.g., prospective students, parents, alumni).
- Crafting and tailoring marketing strategies and messages towards each persona, being mindful of their stage in the decision-making process and customer or student lifecycle.
- Aligning your brand to your strategic vision.
- Facilitating a brand refresh in order to reflect revised goals, new educational offerings, or modernise your approach.
- Launching a new brand identity including logo, slogan, fonts, colour palette and bespoke graphics, tone of voice and overarching brand persona, brand positioning, and guidelines.
- Rallying staff and partners around your brand and building brand loyalty.
- Crafting and sharing your brand story.
- Enhancing brand positioning and thought leadership strategies.
- Brand monitoring and reputation management (especially when working internationally and through partners).
- Creating innovative brand experiences to differentiate your brand in a crowded, competitive marketplace.
Do you need help creating or updating your brand?
Or perhaps you'd like some support expanding a domestic brand into an international arena or ensuring your international brand is consistent with your domestic one.
Learn more about how we’ve helped launch, refresh, and manage a variety of brands in the international education industry.
Organisation or Institution Growth Strategy
- Shaping your vision and mission statement.
- Revising your existing strategy to reflect changing market conditions and enable future growth.
- Appraisal of market opportunity (e.g., international student market) and competitor analysis.
- Development of strategic plans and priorities in the short, medium, and long-term.
- Initiating growth strategies and revenue streams via new programmes, products, services, channels, partners, and markets.
- Facilitating change management across your organisation or institution.
Growth Strategies - Emerging and Frontier Market Exploration
Many institutions are over-reliant on a few major recruitment markets, and although we know this is dangerous, it’s an easy trap to fall into.
Diversifying your source markets is a long-haul game which is more likely to produce a steady drip-feed of students rather than a rush of substantial numbers typically seen from huge markets like China and India.
Contact us to learn how we can help you identify opportunities for developing or expanding your recruitment activities in the countries with the strongest growth over the next 5-10 years.
New Market Entry
We take a three-pronged approach to market exploration to make a compelling case for investing in and expanding to new markets:
Strategy begins with data and analysis on emerging and frontier markets, giving particular attention to demographic, economic, technological and political transitions.
Partners & enablers
To establish a brand in a new market, we'll present options including in-country networks such as agents, associations, online platforms, local institutions, and press channels.
Based on student profiles and programme demand, we'll customise your branding, marketing, and recruitment efforts in-country.
Innovation and Trend Spotting
Staying one step ahead of the competition is an essential, yet challenging, task. Oftentimes, consumer or market behavioural changes can be too subtle to notice on a weekly or monthly basis, yet over time and with a broader perspective, it becomes clear that your business model, products, services, or customer experience no longer meet satisfaction levels. Additionally, it can be difficult for senior management to pick up on societal shifts when their day-to-day world is focused on internal business operations.
Here’s where bringing in an outside perspective can really benefit your organisation. An external resource such as Jackfruit Marketing gives you a bird’s eye view of how your brand is adapting to the needs of consumers. We’re constantly scanning the market to stay abreast of new developments, and we go one step further by looking beyond our industry for inspiration, trends and forecasts.
Change happens slowly—until it doesn’t.
-- Jacqueline Kassteen
Founder, Jackfruit Marketing
Let's Get Started!
We can work with you on an individual project basis, or on a monthly retainer for longer-term growth and development.
Get in touch with us today to request our case studies and learn how we've helped others.
Browse through more of our services to learn how you can tap into our expertise.
Beyond project delivery, in order to educate and empower your team, our founder Jackie Kassteen also regularly gives customised professional development training sessions to institutions, staff, and teachers.
Jackie is well-known for her dynamic presentations which provide both inspiration as well as practical tips and proven techniques.
Explore our topics or use the contact form below to ask us about our services or training sessions.
Let's Start The Conversation
Want a fresh perspective on your branding, marketing and recruitment efforts?